Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 106


Thoughts: Earth Dieter and musician Warwick Horwood shares his healthy transformation with us...(and wow!!!)

'I realized today that my favourite meal is a plate of Steak, Panfried Salmon or Scrambled Eggs, served with a salad/vegetable mix of raw spinach, lightly steamed broccoli and beans, all drizzled with virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of Himalayan salt and freshly cracked pepper. If you had have told me even a few weeks ago that I would prefer this over an awesome pasta, or the Indian or Vietnamese or Chinese cuisines that I've been fond of for so long, I'd have laughed in your face. But in buying quality organic produce, preparing it myself and eating only fresh foods borne of the earth without sauces, condiments or processed foods, I've somehow gotten connected to my inner self and feel 20 times better for simply changing my eating habits. And I've realized that in buying Organic foods, although I'm spending extra money to have the privilege of natural and healthy foods (compared to the foods in most supermarkets that are grown quickly using unnatural methods, in soil that is deprived of nutrients and all done at a cheap cost to maximize profit) I have made a choice to live a quality life. I understand that it can be more expensive to eat healthily, but I challenge the world: do you want to live a life where you're surviving, trying to live for as long as possible while not really experiencing the quality of life that you could have? And having your diet of 'healthy' foods (processed and not good for digestion in the human stomach) be contributing to ill health and even premature death. The choice is simple. Survival is boring. I choose quality of life: free from disease and feeling ill and doctors bills and expensive treatments to remove cancers etc. I choose quality. Because I'm only here right now, and my time on the planet will be short.' Warwick Horwood.

Challenges: I forget sometimes that life is now, and I think that my health can always be better, and it's not good enough. When really "this is it" and my health is whole perfect and complete!

Triumphs: It's so great to hear other people that are committed to living a life they love and one full of abundance and health rather than just surviving. Warwick said it perfectly...surviving is boring!!!

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: Pineapple. 3 nectarines. Chocolate balls.

Lunch: Chicken cooked with honey and rosemary. Macadamia nuts.

Dinner: A salad with green letuce, spinach, garlic, lemon and avocado.

Dessert: A green apple and nectarine.

Snacks: Grapes.

Exercise: Beach run.

259 Days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment