I spent half of February in Iowa USA!
Why you ask?
Well on CHOCOLATE BUSINESS of course!! ;)
It turns out the greatest CHOCOLATIER in the World is based in Fairfield, Iowa (Home of Transcendental Mediation)! Oprah visited in 2011 and said the people in this town are changing the world with their consciousness. Oprah found stillness there! I FOUND CHOCOLATE THERE!!! I happened to get to go to Fairfield in October 2012 on a Fuel For the Body with The Earth Diet Bike Tour across the nation to get signatures for Prop 37 (to have food GMO'S on food labels).
It was here that I first met Noah Loin the founder and director of Rock N Raw Chocolates! Noah has created a chocolate that I always speak of, one that is NATURAL, using earths most natural ingredients, no refined sugar, no dairy and no soy! Just whole ingredients! The most natural ANDDDD best tasting RAW CHOCOLATE I have had... and I have eaten a good fair share amount of raw chocolate since living The Earth Diet lifestyle! This is my favorite bar... the AVOCADO PISTACHIO...
Here is why I think this chocolate deserves the title of being the best in the world...
This chocolate is made with CACAO, CACAO BUTTER, COCONUT OIL, AVOCADO OIL, PISTACHIOS HIMALAYAN SALT and RAW HONEY. 100% Earth Diet approved :)
Nothing processed. No refined sugars. No Dairy. No soy. No gluten. No preservatives.
1. The ingredients are clean and provided by the earth naturally.
2. It is High in magnesium, aids weight loss, excites the body!
3. The process of making it is very simple using hands with no machines. (Except for the blending of the nuts. But this can also be done by hand.)
4. The shelf life is 2 months so its good for shipping and sharing with friends!
5. IT TASTES TO GOOD! RICH! NUTRIENT DENSE!
6. Noah's integrity of this product is authentic... to keep it as natural as possible, using as natural packaging as possible and making a chocolate that can be replicated in nature with nothing but the ingredients, a bowl and a spoon.
So some of you know that The Earth Diet sells Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and Almond Butter cups in New York! And well we have been saying no to stores because we were not able to keep up with the demand!!! So it turns out The Earth Diet was looking for a chocolate company to produce the Chocolate Cups on mass demand...and we found the perfect match!!! SO THIS MEANS they will soon be available nation wide THANKS to Noahs's Rock N Raw Chocolates, shipping all over USA! And they will still of course be at the usual spots in New York... Organic Corner... The Water Well and The Purple Elephant!
Noah's Rock N Raw Chocolates PRESENTS The Earth Diet CHOCOLATE CUPS!
For Valentine's Day, LOVERS' LUSH CHOCOLATE CAKE!
This cake has APHRODISIAC qualities, and is high in magnesium. (relaxes the body!)
It is stimulating and excites the body by releasing serotonin!
Total making time: 2 hours including cooling
1 cup extra virgin coconut oil, plus more for pans
1/2 cup cacao powder, plus more for pans
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt salt
1 3/4 cups coconut sugar
2 large organic free range eggs plus 2 large egg yolks (room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk (or hemp milk or rice milk)
For melted chocolate: (melt together on a double boiler)
5 ounces (8 tablespoons) of melted cacao butter
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
For 'cake flour': (blend together to get a fine flour meal consistency)
1/4 cup buckwheat
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup oat flour (rolled oats ground)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
For icing: (in mixing bowl, use electric mixer, cream the sugar with coconut oil until mixutre is thick and well combined. Add the almond milk, cacao and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth)
2 cups of coconut sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
3/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
*Option... make it GLUTEN FREE by replacing the whole wheat flour with more rice flour or oat flour!
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Oil two 8-inch round cake pans; dust with cacao and then tap out excess. Line bottom of each pan with a round of parchment paper and set aside.
3.In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour mix, cacao, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. With mixer on low, add the flour and milk in this order: one third of the flour, half of the milk, another third of the flour, the other half of the milk and the last third of the flour.
4. Divide the batter between prepared pans and smooth the tops. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of a cake comes out clean.
Cool in pans 15 minutes; run a knife around edge of each pan, and move cakes onto a wire rack to cool entirely.
5. Now time for icing the cake... Place one cake on a flat surface and spread the top with 1/3 of CHOCOLATE ICING. Place second cake on top, and spread remaining chocolate icing over top and sides of cake. Now carefully transfer frosted cake to a serving platter.
6. Serve with cherries and whipped cashew cream!
Cashew Cream recipe:
This recipe is DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE (use gf oats), soy free, GMO free, corn free, refined sugar free. Using earths cleanest ingredients to make a delicious lush chocolate cake!
This recipe was created by the day before Valentines Day 2013.
NEW RECIPES DAILY at http://
Check out last month's recipes here!
Chocolate Pecan Pie (RAW)
Makes one large pie. Serves 12 slices.
2 cups cacao powder
2 cups of pecans or almonds
1 cup of raw honey (or 1 cup of maple syrup OR 1 cup of dates)
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cacao
1 1/2 cups pecans (alternative use walnuts)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of raw honey (or maple syrup - not raw)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
Action:1. Make the crust: In a blender/Vitamix mix all ingredients. Press them into a tart/pie pan.
2. Make the filling: In a blender/Vitamix mix all ingredients. Pour into the pie pan on top of the crust!
3. Place pecans on top of the pie see picture!
4. Set in the fridge for an hour, slice and serve!
This recipe is GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE, SOY FREE!
This recipe is by Noah's mom who is very much a chocolatier herself... she made a TED version Flourless Chocolate Cake... so yum!
Total making time: 50 minutes
Makes: Six cakes
(Ramiken Cakes- meaning you will need 6 4-ounce OVEN SAFE jars)
2oz of Cacao Butter
1.5g of Cacao Powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil and more for oiling jars
2 organic free range eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
2. Grease six 4-ounce jars with coconut oil. |
3. In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the cacao butter, coconut oil and cacao powder until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer and beat the egg whites (keep the yolks) until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
5. In a stand mixer, beat together the coconut sugar and the egg yolks until thick and creamy. Mix 1/4 of the melted chocolate bowl into the egg yolks. Continue to mix, slowly pour the remaining melted chocolate mixture into the egg yolks until all is incorporated. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
6. Spoon 4 tablespoons of the cake batter into each greased jar. Place the jars 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops of the cakes start to crack. Remove from the oven and let the jars cool!
7. Garnish with whatever you like! Chocolate frosting! Fresh Raspberries! Organic Strawberries! Blueberry Sauce! Raw Nut Ice Cream! Plenty of options...
This recipe is REFINED SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, SOY FREE, CORN FREE. High in magnesium.
I also drank as much GREEN and BEET juice as possible! Here is a NEW RECIPE for a new juice:
Sweet Beet Potato Super Juice
Makes 4 large juices!
1 large beet including its green stems
1 sweet potato
1 head of parsley
2 peeled oranges
10 kale stems
1 small piece of turmeric root
1 small piece of burdock root
1 small piece of ginger root
4 garlic cloves
1. Put in beet, other roots, and garlic in juicer first
2. Juice other veggies in no particular order
3. Enjoy with 3 fellow human beings!
• Antioxidant rich
• Sweet potatoes known to improve blood sugar regulation
• Rich in beta –carotene
• Source of manganese
• Rich in vitamins C and E
• Rich in essential vitamins and minerals
• High in manganese
• Natural antibiotic
• Immune boosting
• Weight control
• Throat pain relief
• For skin conditions
Recipe by Mr. F, who did 25 joyful jumping jacks after slamming down his super juice.
Got my PHRESH GREENS in DAILY! Wheatgrass, spinach, kale.... all in one drink!
If you want to ORDER USE THIS LINK: and the code: TED to get 10% discount! http://www.phreshproducts.com/ted/
and enjoyed snowfall :) embracing the winter in USA.. much different to being at home in Aussie!
I also did yoga, zumba and sauna multiple times to stretch and sweat and feel good!
There are always things available to us that we can do to improve our health and well being!
Lots of LOVE, Liana :)