Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Quote read at Mandela's service

In my new book I acknowledge Nelson Mandela for teaching me patience, persistence and peace.

This was read at his service:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." 
- George Bernard Shaw 

I can relate to being unreasonable with my diet and health. I was unreasonable the day I declared my junk food eating days over! If I had not been unreasonable I may have kept that habit for another 5 years! 

When people begin a healthy lifestyle, it takes unreasonableness to be able to keep going. This is what I call "consistent health" and that is who I am. Consistent health. My commitment to myself and the world is to live in a healthy body on a healthy earth. Having it all. Having my cake AND eating it too. Yes I know right... Unreasonable! 

Today I enjoyed a lemon water (I found the lemon from a tree growing around the corner hehe totally local - in California and its on the side walk in case your wondering if someone told me off for picking their fruit!), then I had a green juice with cilantro & parsley and everything else green, and then I had my favorite smoothie these days, a chocolate nut berry smoothie loaded with antioxidants, the recipe is in the new book, and for dinner I had brown rice pasta (gluten free - bonus!) with fresh cilantro, parsley, lettuce, avocado, cucumber and cumin! Talk about hybrid! One element cooked and the majority raw! 

I must say that me being unreasonable with myself and my diet has caused me total health transformation. 

Deepak Chopra talks about some people in their life will have "change" and others will have "transformation." I caused myself to have a transformation because I did not want to live another day trapped in a vicious cycle of eating junk foods from disempowerment. Yuk! Now I have a great relationship with food, I actually get nutrition daily and it is bliss! I know some of you reading this have also caused total health transformation! We should be proud of that! 

Much love, 
Liana 

The sunset tonight in California 

No comments:

Post a Comment