Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

327 days to book launch!

Here's what you can buy for $250 at Wholefoods.


Today I went shopping at Wholefoods at Plaza El Segundo. It is ingredient heaven so you can imagine I love it. 

I went shopping with an intention. I will be in California for a month, so needed to stock up on my base ingredients (cupboard, dry goods, frozen) that I can use for the month, and then some fresh to last a week. I will have to buy fresh weekly as that's about how much fresh needs to be replenished. 

For $250 here is what you can get: 


Organic ingredients

Fresh produce:
Green beans
4 avocados 
One coconut 
5 lemons 
7 beets 
2 pears 
Celery 
2 cucumbers 
3 heads of kale 
5 oranges 
Raspberries 
Yellow onion 
One grapefruit 
One mango 

Bulk grocery: 
Almond butter 
Almond meal 
Whole almonds 
Beans 
Paprika 
Coconut sugar 
Cashews 
Macadamia nuts 
Hemp seeds 
Wholewheat flour 
Cacao nibs 
Nutritional yeast 

Grocery: 
Brown rice pasta 
Maple syrup 
Vanilla extract 
Cacao powder
Raw honey 
Spring water (water filter being delivered next week so no need for bottled water when that comes)
Coconut flakes
Olive oil 
Hemp milk 

Lifestyle:
2 bees wax candle (to make mascara - recipe in my new book!)

Meat:
Organic grass fed ground beef (to make beef burritos!) 

Frozen: (to make smoothies) 
Blueberries 
Strawberries 
Raspberries 

Dairy/refrig:
Organic eggs 

Bakery:
Rice wraps made in Australia! I know not very local but I wanted something Aussie made in my shopping trolley! 

From all of this here is what I plan to make over the next month: 

Main Dishes: 
Beef burritos
Superfood kale salad (4 times)
Coconut bacon
Egg wraps
Bean Burgers
Mac n Cheese
Pasta with vegetables 

Other:
Vegan butter 
Buns
Mascara 

Desserts: 
Chocolate Beet Cake
Cashew Cheesecake
Cookie Dough Balls
Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
Cashew Ice Cream
Pancakes 

Drinks
Berry smoothies every other day (with cacao and almond butter)
Green smoothies (4)
lemon water everyday
Fat Blaster 

That's a lot of great eating and drinking! 

Love Liana 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liana can you tell us what brand of rice wraps you use.
    Kellie Australia

    ReplyDelete