Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 54

Dinner!!!

Thoughts: I am in food heaven!!! My fathers property is called the Bio Organic Vinyyard and Garden!



A map postcard of Western Australia (my father Bernard is the artist!). To the East "Nannup" is where the farm is.

And he lives there with his wife Helen and my 2 brothers Sam and Tosh. It's absolutely amazing. Clean fresh air, tall trees, rain water, solar power, totally sustainable and they grow everything to eat. Grape vines, apples, cherries, lemons, herbs, corriander, mint, basil, potatoes, lemon grass, chamomile, lime leaves, sage, thyme, they have lavender and spinach and rocket, green and purple lettuce, corn, strawberries, tomatoes, every food you could want!!! Beans, garlic and chives!!! I had so much fun picking all the fruit and vegetable, and picked a salad fresh from the garden and an hour later we were eating the food!! Iam certainly in food heaven! The garden is watered using bore water pumped from the earth below. Helen rides 10 mins to start the pump. The dishwater is also recycled on the garden. I thought living a lifestyle like this would be impossible, and today I imagined if everyone did this! There would surely be less pollution, utilizing the suns natural energy for a source of electricity, growing our own foods, using rainwater when possible. Oh it would be amazing!

Challenges:Challenges: Being with the Earth Diet when I am a visitor at someones house. I don't want to feel like a pain in the butt...and I guess I am! heheeee!

Triumphs: My first time ever picking food from the garden and then 30 minutes later preparing it, cooking it, and into my body. MMMM what an organic experience and totally connecting with the Earth! Thankyou Earth!!! AND it was all cooked using a wood fire oven!!! Wohooo! No technology needed! I do love technology and it is nice to know that us human beings can get by without it and produce extraordinary results...like an amazing dinner feast! The difference between growing your own food, picking it and eating it compared to buying straight from the supermarket...you lose the connection with the earth...

My lazy eye and I very happy about picking food from the garden! This is my squash and garlic! Wooo wooo!

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: 2 nectarines, a green tea, apple and carrot.

Lunch: Bowl of oats.

Dinner: The best dinner I have ever had! Truly. It was local fresh sea mullet fish from Bunbury (Western Australia). And I hand picked the vegetables and salad from my families organic farm! Potatoes, green beans, herbs basil and corriander, green lettuce, purple lettuce, spinach, a squash, garlic!!! Woweeee! It tasted so alive and so fresh!

The wood fire where my family cook their food!

Helen chopping the wood to cook dinner!

The final product! Yumoo!

Dessert: no dessert.

Snacks: a fly. mint tea. Kiwi fruit. Peanuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.

Cost: The vegetables and salad all free and fresh straight from the garden! How cool is that?! So there is no need to go to the supermarket!

Recipe: Grow a garden! heheeeee

Exercise: A 2 hour bush walk. Yoga breathing. Amazing. Serenity. Lots of flies. I'm sorry his life had to end in my nose. The last thing he would have experienced is snot. (A fly flew up my nose and never came out).

On my bushwalk :)

312 Days To Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment