Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 40

"Nutrient" water not so nutrient.

Thoughts: The more you eat chemicals, the more you crave chemicals.

Tonight my friend Steph said "I have stomach pains". She showed me the drink she was drinking and I was like noooo wonder! It was one of those "nutrient" waters that claims to be a green tea antioxidant drink. I turned over the bottle and read the ingredients list. It said : Ingredients: (nature approved) what the hhhhhhh does nature approved mean? Nature approved.....What??????!!!! Ha! Why thankyou nature for approving this drink to us human beings. Do I sound skeptical? Because I am! This so called "nature approved" product contains deionised water, crystalline fructose (Crystalline fructose is a processed sweetener derived from corn, just like High Fructose Corn Syrup, but enriched with fructose) , green tea, natural green tea flavour, food acid, electrolytes (calcium lactate, magnesium phosphate tribasic) green tea polyphenois, hibiscus flower, grape seed, natural emulifiers gum Arabic (Gum arabic is a key ingredient in traditional lithography and is used in printing, paint production, glue, cosmetics and various industrial applications, including viscosity control in inks and in textile industries, although cheaper materials compete with it for many of these roles), ester gum, niacin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin (Cyanocobalamin usually does not even occur in nature, and is not one of the forms of the vitamin which is directly used in the human body (or that of any other animal).

See how they have added the word "natural" to some of the chemicals. Haha and the tag line is "you took it from the fridge,we took it from nature" great tagline though! I wonder if the manufacturers of these drinks are money makers or true earthians looking after the health of the people. It seems that as soon as we read the words "antioxidant" "organic" "healthy" "natural" that we assume it's healthy and good for us. Not everything that claims to be organic or healthy is, you still have to do the research and check out the label. Steph is one of the healthiest people I know and I was shocked she was drinking these chemicals and not even realizing! She said she "I like the taste,I crave it and it's addictive because I have an urge to get it". Before I started the Earth Diet, and if I was reading this, I would have been thinking by now "owell it doesn't matter, I can't be perfect, I'm healthier than the majority, and it's just a bit of nutrient water". And it was those thoughts that stopped me from having extraordinary health, which is what I wanted but I got lazy and slack and lenient! So then Steph and I met with a girl who was eating red liquorish and a guy with chips, when they walked away she said "Her liquorish looked good and his chips looked good. I am craving more chemicals, because I had chemicals".

Challenges: Making time to prepare fresh foods so today I snacked on goji berries, advocado, juice and chocolate balls!

Triumphs: Not even wanting to eat the red liquorish or chips at all...not the slightest...before I would have been feeling like I was missing out and I should live in the now and be a human and eat yummy foods like chips and red liquorish! Ahhhaaa total cop out! Chips and red liquorish aren't even foods anyways! It did not excite me at all, my body didn't want it, and I didn't realize this until Steph said "Her liquorish looked good and his chips looked good".

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: goji berries and a pear

Lunch: a beautiful advocado and goji berries

Dinner: a salad with green lettuce, advocado, alfalfa, with olive oil and lemon dressing,brown rice and a beetroot, Ginger, carrot, celery, pineapple juice.

Dessert: chocolate balls rolled in coconut!

Snacks: chocolate balls



Exercise: Talking

326 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment