Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 41


Thoughts: Being present when I eat foods. Today I was eating a nectarine and I got half way through it, and looked at it, and I didn't realize I had eaten half of it! I was just scoffing it down, going through the motions of eating because I should fill my stomach to give me energy. I realized how Un-present I am when I eat foods and since today I said that everytime I eat foods from now on I will make a conscious effort to be aware and present and in appreciation for the beautiful food entering my body providing it with nutrition and love! I reckon I will eat less and my body will actually take in all the nutrition the food has to offer.

Here's what I do to get present. Before starting to eat, I get present in my body. Feel my cells and wiggle my toes and ground my energy into the earth. I am being in my body fully and feeling what it is like.

Then I align my energies within me, my head, my heart, my stomach, my bowels, by seeing them as interconnected. Doing this you will find yourself completely and entirely present. By weaving together your head, heart, and gut before you eat, you will be aligning yourself to receive the meal in ways that go beyond just physical nourishment....and the best part is that you’ll be radiating this energy out to others!!!

So I ate the rest of my nectarine in awe of its beauty and taste sensations. I took one bite and twirled it around in my mouth for a while, present to how my body reacted to the sweet fruit. Then I swallowed the bite and felt it slide down my oesophagus and then felt the warmness, connectiveness and calmness of the fruit in my stomach. I have been bloated since I can remember in grade 7, no wonder, I ate my foods unconscious as an obsession. Now it's like I am experiencing food for the first time! And I bet my body will digest the food as intended! On the way to a beautiful bowel!!!!

Challenges: Realizing for 22 years (my entire physical life span!) that I have not experienced food present! Wow! A challenge to think some people wll go through their entire life and not ever get present to the full taste and full self expression of the fruit or vegetable and the full nourishment it was intended for. Food seems to have become a means to and end, an obsession to eat to get full instead of to eat to provide the body with nutrition, vitality and energy.

Triumphs: Getting present and actually enjoying, appreciating and experiencing eating my nectarine! I can bring this into everything I eat now! I get to actually enjoy and eat foods for the first time in 22 years!!!

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: beetroot, ginger, apple, carrot, celery juice. 3 chocolate balls.

Lunch: 2 nectarines, a pear

Dinner: a beautiful Green Thai salad!!! Recipe below!!! Godess Steph and I made homemade green thai curry paste a couple of nights ago and put this as a dressing for our salad :) With Purple lettuce, spinach, rocket, advocado, with olive oil, lemon juice and lime juice.

Dessert: goji berries

Snacks: a beetroot, carrot, ginger, pineapple and celery juice. chocolate balls.

Recipe: Green Thai Salad
10 fresh green chilis, finely chopped (keep seeds for extra heat, if desired)
2 tbsp. finely chopped lemongrass
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 small shallot, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp. galangal root (or ginger)
1 tsp. of freshly ground coriander seeds
1 tsp. of freshly ground caraway seeds
A few ground peppercorns to taste
1 tsp. himalayan salt
1 teaspoon kaffir lime leaves
Mortar and pestle (for grinding and later, pounding)
Blender if mortar and pestle are not available

Directions:
1. Organize all of your ingredients.
1A. If you want to go raw then don't cook the paste.
2. Gently heat a medium saucepan until surface is hot.
3. Add all ingredients paste to saucepan.
4. Stir fry for a few minutes.
5. Place contents of saucepan into mortar or blender. Pound or puree until smooth, adding tiny amounts of water if needed.
7. Store green curry paste in a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid to use for later on in the week! and use save two-three tablespoons now for your salad.

Directions for salad:
1. Mix your desired amount of green thai paste to your salad with olive oil and lemon/lime juice. Use green/purple lettuce, advocado, walnuts (good for the brain!), rocket and spinach!!!

Exercise: Skateboarding! I got a new skateboard today wooo wooo :)))

325 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment