Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 43


Thoughts: A beautiful Bryan sent me a perfect quote today...I had read it a few times before but today it resonated with the Earth Diet and I really got it.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Before the Earth Diet the conversation I had with my self and my health was "It's ok, my health is good enough, it'll do, (she'll be right mate!Haha aussieeee) I'am healthier than most people, it's normal to feel tired during the day alot, my body is ok". It was all resigned! This quote is perfect because I get that everything is abundant to us if we let it be, and if your are committed to having a hott, healthy, toned and ripped bod then awesome!!! Gor for it! I used to think it was selfish to want this...but now I am totally committed to my health and my body and looking and feeling hott! And it's a great game to play, its fun! I have never felt so alive in my whole entire life ever before on this Earth Diet! Love it :)))) I also don't have that constant anxiety or concern about what I am eating and the chemicals and preservatives so Iam more present in my body and my life. I have transformed from a processed person to a healthy person!

Challenges: Today I was in Darwin, now I am in Singapore and tomorrow I am in India! I thought that going to a different country on the Earth Diet would be challenging so I packed my own chocolate balls, goji berries, salad and nuts thinking I would starve! Hehe well turns out not, tonight I had a beautiful earth lentil dish! I wonder how India will be....

Triumphs: Day 43!!! On the Earth Diet! It's the biggest commitment I have ever made and stuck to in my life! Feels good all round :) My body is loving it :)))) I have more energy, have been sleeping less and am playing life full out during the days :) I also don

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: a beetroot, ginger, carrot, celery juice at the airport.

Lunch: a salad I made and took on the plane, green lettuce, snow peas (I never realized how sweet they are!!! I haven't had any chemicals now for 43 days and now the flavours in the fruits and vegetables are exploding in my mouth!woot!) advocado, and mung beans.

Dinner: This amazing spicy lentil dish in Singapore! I explained them no chemicals, no preservatives and they told me all the ingredients...Earth approved! Recipe below :))) The chilli definately woke me up!

Dessert: No dessert.

Snacks: Chocolate balls, brazil nuts, goji berries and walnuts. A nectarine from Darwin.

Recipe: Lentil dish in singapore :)
1. Chickpeas (soak them for a couple of hours)
2. Fresh corriander
3. Ground corriander
4. Green chillis
5. Chives
6. Olive oil (Or you can use coconut oil)
7. Add water
8. Boil them all together in a pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Add fresh corriander to serve.



If your wondering what a chickpea is...(I'm new to all this stuff!)...Chickpeas have a delicious nutlike taste and buttery texture. They provide a good source of protein that can be enjoyed year-round and are available either dried or canned. A very versatile legume, they are a noted ingredient in many Middle Eastern and Indian dishes such as hummus, falafels and curries. They are a good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber, as are most other beans. In addition to lowering cholesterol, garbanzos' high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making these beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia. Chickpeas are rich in both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber (get those bowels moving!)And if you're wondering how to replace red meat in your menus, become a fan of chickpeas. These nutty flavored beans are a good source of protein!

Cost: $5 for the lentil dish in Singapore and $7 for the juice at the airport.

Exercise: I walked for 10 minutes in Darwin and sweat as much as I would at the gym in an hour! Haha! Gotta love the hott paradise! (Where I was concieved by the way!) and walking at night in Singapore...tonight after this blog I am going to a shopping center that is open 24 hours! What?!?! Sheeshhh! I went in there for 10 minutes earlier and the workers were like zombies! The town is crowed and everyone is trying to make a buck, seems like it lacks some life and love and light (my opionion of course) and I just picked a big booga outta my nose! Hahaaaa

323 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment