Thursday, April 24, 2014
33 Simple tips for Caregivers
Are you, or do you know of a Caregiver who is too busy and stressed out to eat properly? Here are some simple tips:
1. Remember that if you aren't healthy and strong you aren't able to properly care for anyone else - so it's very important you make time to take care of yourself!
2. Focus on the quick things you can do every day that takes less then 5 minutes yet still provides your body with a lot of nutrition! For example making Lemon Water, squeeze 1/2 a lemon or 1 lemon into a cup of water and drink! This is high in vitamin C and will keep your immune system strong as well as alkalizing your body! Lemon water is excellent for flushing away stress!
3. Take Bentonite clay capsules! So you don't have time to make a clay drink, just take the capsules with some water. Bentonite clay absorbs toxins and stress!
4. Eat loads of fruit! Nature's fast food! Great for on the go and will nourish your body with a lot of vitamins.
5. Do kundalini fire breath for one minute holding your stomach area. Release stress and toxins this way.
6. Do oil pulling in the morning while you are getting ready for work.
7. Make time for a hot relaxing bath once per week, put Epsom salts in it, or clay, or lavender, or sea salt!
8. Make time to get a massage with essential oils at least once per month!
9. Walk as often as you can in nature on your breaks.
10. Stretch your body, especially hang your head and hands to the ground so fresh blood can go to your brain.
11. On a Sunday, make 7 smoothies for the week, keep 3 in the fridge and 4 in the freezer. Take one with you each day to work!
12. Do the same with juice! It's not as fresh as making one everyday, but at least your getting juice!
13. Make your own trail mix and eat throughout the week.
14. Make your own favorite snacks and eat throughout the week!
15. Make Chocolate Beet Cupcakes.
16. Make fruit roll ups!
17. Go on the rooftop of your work and enjoy the view.
18. Check out this gluten free cereal, it comes in its own little container and you just pour water, organic milk or nut milk in and eat!
19. Order some raw chocolate so you always have healthy chocolate on hand! This chocolate not only fulfills chocolate cravings but is also high in magnesium and antioxidants and can relax the body so much while also providing energy.
20. Try the Whole Body Detox, it comes with 21 days of capsules so all you do is take them with water and your body does the rest - even while you are working!
21. Get Phresh Greens, it is powdered greens and you mix 1 teaspoon with a cup of water. This alkalizes the body as well as makes sure you get all your vegetables in for the day!
22. Whenever you feel toxin build up in your body, or you had been under High stress try the free 3-day cleanse. Even if you can do one day of it! http://www.theearthdiet.org/free-3-day-cleanse.html
23. Dream as much as possible! Important to keep your dreams alive!
24. Eat organic almond butter or peanut butter as a quick snack!!
25. Set yourself 3 health goals you want to achieve this year! Become an Earth Diet member! We support you and help you to stay accountable!
26. Make Cookie Dough and eat it throughout the week!
27. Always have your favorite healthy snacks on hand, in your fridge and freezer!
28. Make fried chick peas to replace French fries!
29. Meditate before sleeping and release the day so you can have a deep nourishing sleep.
30. Laugh a lot - as much as possible!
31. Drink herbal tea as much as you can! Here are some recipes.
32. Snack on herbs like parsley as cilantro as much as possible! If you can grow your own even better! Grab a few pieces before work and put into your mouth and chew - great natural breath freshener!
33. Write down 10 things you love about yourself - do this everyday!!!
Thank you Deborah who is a Caregiver, for inspiring this blog and requesting I share some tips on this! And thank you Deborah for helping people with Alzheimer's!
6 months to book launch! Counting down :)