Saturday, September 11, 2010
Thoughts: "I don't have the money to do The Earth Diet" is what I hear a lot ...
What exactly is the price on your health? Do you value it? And how much? Would you risk your health for money?
Perhaps the problem lies elsewhere than in the enactment of more laws or appointing ethical people to government. Perhaps we should look at how we currently obtain and distribute the goods that we need.
This is done by “earning” money, either by exchanging one’s time, skills, and efforts, or by “investing” in the financial system with the thought of getting more money in return, and exchanging that money for goods and services. This may have been a good method in the past when goods were scarce and technology was in its infancy, but today our advanced technologies could be the tools for a very different scenario.
If we look at things scientifically, there is more than enough food and material goods on Earth to take care of all people’s needs – if managed correctly. There is enough to enable everyone to have a very high standard of living with the intelligent use of technology, resources, and technical personnel. When we say the use of technology, we mean technology that is not harmful to people or the environment and doesn’t waste time and energy.
Consider this: when there is a recession and people have little money to
buy things, isn’t the Earth still the same place? Aren’t there still goods on the store shelves and land to grow crops? It is just the rules of the game that we play by that are obsolete and cause so much suffering.
The existence of money is hardly ever questioned or examined, but let’s consider our use of money. Money itself does not have any value. It is just a picture on a cheap piece of paper with an agreement among people as to what it can buy. If it rained hundred dollar bills tomorrow, everyone would be happy except the bankers.
There are many disadvantages to using this old method of exchange for goods and services. We will consider just a few here and let you add to this list on your own.
1. Money is just an interference between what one needs and what one is able to get. It is not money that people need, it is access to resources.
2. The use of money results in social stratification and elitism based primarily on economic disparity.
3. People are not equal without equal purchasing power.
4. Most people are slaves to jobs they do not like because they need the money.
5. There is tremendous corruption, greed, crime, embezzlement, and more caused by the need for money.
6. Most laws are enacted for the benefit of corporations, which have enough money to lobby, bribe, or persuade government officials to make laws that serve their interests.
7. Those who control purchasing power have greater influence.
8. Money is used to control the behavior of those with limited purchasing power.
9. Goods such as foods are sometimes destroyed to keep prices up; when things are scarce prices increase.
10.There is tremendous waste of material and strain on available resources from superficial design changes for newer later fads each year in order to create continuous markets for manufacturers.
11.There is tremendous environmental degradation due to the high cost of better methods of waste disposal.
12.The Earth is being plundered for profit.
13.The benefits of technology are only distributed to those with sufficient purchasing power.
14.Most important, when the corporation’s bottom line is profit, decisions in all areas are made not for the benefit of people and the environment, but primarily for the acquisition of wealth, property, and power.
There is no price on your health. Invest :)
Source: Zeitgeist movement
Quotes: Breathe in light, breathe out love.
What I Ate Today:
Meal 1: A beet, carrot, celery and ginger juice :)
Meal 2: 3 nectarines!
Meal 3: Raw Macadamia Nut Pie (AKA Mum's Cheesecake!) - if you like cheesecake this is a great healthy alternative.
Meal 4: A avocado.
Meal 5: Blueberries and strawberries.
Meal 5: Honey Glazed Salmon with salad :)
Meal 6: Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream!
Recipe: The recipe for Mum's Cheesecake, Honey Glazed Salmon and Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is available free on The Earth Diet website www.TheEarthDiet.Org
Exercise: Walking and stretching and posing (hehe a photo shoot with the wonderful Roxxe Roxxe!) :)
50 days to go!!!