Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 81


Thoughts: I have been eating for 22 years (I was born 22 years ago)....but have I really been eating??? This article I read below gets me present to how often I eat just because, because I'm bored, to fulfill some emotion, some craving...

I love to eat in silence because eating Consciously is like a prayer for me. Once I went to a silent retreat. It took me a long time to eat my meals because I ate my food Consciously, in quarter-sized bites. Once I released any feelings of urgency around eating and could surrender to the experience, I felt such a high vibration at these meals. I was filled up and the vibration lasted throughout the day. Previously at meals, my mind would have been somewhere else, thinking about something else, and I would have missed this sacred experience. I can go to church or the synagogue once a week or I can experience God within me three times a day in this simple act of eating Consciously.

http://www.goddirect.org/life/writings/november/eating.htm

Challenges: No challenges.

Triumphs: It's great to know that from now until I die I can be present when eating food. My whole thinking of foods and how much I eat and why I eat has shifted. It's not like I just "learnt' this, it's like I am 'remembering" this, because it seems totally natural for human beings to be fully in the moment, every moment, especially when eating, as it's a celebration of the universe supporting ones existence.

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: chocolate balls (great way to start the day! hehe! RECIPE below ) and macadamia nuts

Lunch: a beetroot, celery, ginger, carrot, pineapple juice.

Dinner: a salad with green lettuce leafs, spinach, avocado and lemon and olive oil.

Dessert: No dessert.

Snacks: No snacks.

Recipe: Chocolate balls: (p.s they are so good you will probably want to have them for breakfast too!)

Exercise: running on the beach and a swim in the ocean!

284 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment