Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

This guy saying 100% raw food diet causes eating disorder

This video came up in my Youtube news feed! I thought the title was interesting and I was curious about his opinion on why a 100% raw food diet can cause eating disorders. I have learned from working with people through the years, with mentoring through The Earth Diet website, that people who want to dive in and go raw 100% become overwhelmed and unfulfilled. That's why I am not fully raw; I am 70% raw (water, vegetables, fruits, smoothies, juices, seeds, nuts) and 30% cooked including rice, beans, lentils, veggies and meat. This works for me and is a great balance. That way I am fulfilled when I eat and excited for the next meal! I think they being excited to eat is KEY and something we have lost along the way, as food can cause so many people anxiety, like it did for me years ago when food controlled me.

This guy Matt has interesting views on how being 100% raw can lead to issues:



I know for sure a good balance for me is to be majority raw, and include some cooked. I am from the outback and I love to cook things using fire, and I believe that fire is one of earth's great elements that is so good for our well being. If you are stressed because you aren't 'raw enough', I suggest adding more raw and cooked into your life and finding your own balance.

TIP: One way to get more raw into your meals is by creating a hybrid meal. A hybrid is a cooked meal and raw meal combined. For example when I make a rice stir fry or a soup, I add raw elements to it once it is done, so I serve the soup in a bowl and then I add raw cucumber, raw avocado, cilantro and parsley. Now I have had more raw!

Today, for example An example of my 70% raw and 30% cooked day from today was:

Morning: a berry smoothie (cherries, blueberries, blackberries, almond butter, honey, cacao powder, water, bee pollen) 

Next meal: a Phresh Greens drink - powdered greens in water; kale, spinach, parsley, collard greens, broccoli etc 

Next meal: A delicious fresh sweet lush pear! 

Next meal: another berry smoothie! Craving! Had it and sooo happy about it! Loaded with antioxidants! 

Next meal: chicken wings with hot sauce! Yum! 

Now as you can see I incorporated both raw and cooked into my Earth Diet today! There is no use depriving ourself since eating delicious food is such a fun experience to have! My new book has soooo many variations for raw and cooked foods! 

I also drank lots of water and green tea throughout the day. And I had a glass of diatomaceous earth. 

The last thing I want to do when going to be is be starving and unfulfilled! I am seeing more and more that people are successful with their health when they eat what they crave, but with one rule, make sure it's as clean as possible - and ultimately only using ingredients that earth naturally provides! 

I will leave with saying choose what you want to eat, and then source it as natural as possible! 

It is the first day of spring today and 222 days to book launch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment