Tuesday, April 13, 2010
(This blog thanks to Stephanie Long Lomenick)
This blog goes:
2) Acne Cure Myths
3) How Acne is caused, the root cause
4) How to get rid of your acne for good and forever
5) The Quick Action Plan for Acne
Acne is a skin disease. About 60% of people in the world are suffering from less or severe forms of acne. Who hasn’t encountered the dreaded ‘zit’ at some point in their life, making acne one of the most common of all skin disorders.
Acne is NOT normal and should NOT be happening at ANY age.
Acne is NOT hereditary. And you will NOT have to have acne for the rest of your life.
If you've ever spoken to a dermatologist, they commonly say that acne is a natural thing because of genetics. This is not true. Acne is a sign that something is wrong with the body, and unless you do something about it now you may get other health problems later on in life.
So it is best to deal with your acne now rather than wait.
Don't spend money on expensive treatments or creams...not needed! The acne industry makes millions of dollars off your acne!!! They love it!
Here are some natural cures that you can do to rid your acne, fast and forever!
First of all here are some acne myths that we need to understand do NOT work! Basically any 'product' that they are making ALOT of money off you, is not the cure.
Acne Cure Myth : Cleansers, gels, lotions, creams, acids and others topicals are extremely unlikely to clear up your acne. The reason why they are useless is because they don't get close to handling the CAUSE of acne. The simple fact is that using something like baking soda, which only costs pennies, is more effective than most of the cleansers on the acne market.
Acne Cure Myth : Antibiotics kill the bacteria on the skin involved in the last stage of the development of acne. The bacteria on the skin mutates and becomes resistant to the antibiotics. But the healthy bacteria in the gut doesn't mutate, and they get wiped out. This can mean you get worse acne than normal.
Acne Cure Myth: Accutane. It boggles the mind that paid professional doctors prescribe this dangerous drug to their patients. Avoid.
Acne Cure Myth: Overwashing and Underwashing. If you overwash your face your skin will get dried out. This can worsen acne, but obviously overwashing isn't the cause of acne. Likewise if you underwash your face your skin will get oily and this can worsen acne as well. The best thing to do is wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening or before bed.
The only real way to cure your acne is to handle the ROOT cause of acne.
The root cause is the simple underlying reason you get acne. And no it's not
bad genes or anything to do with hygiene.
And guess what: the greedy acne companies don't want you to know what it is...
YOUR BODY IS TOXIC!!! It is acidic which creates too much acid for the body to handle and so it pushes it's way out through the skin. And can you imagine the smell of the arm pits and the poo from a body with acne. Acne is showing you on the outside how upset the inside of your body is. And the more agressive the acne, it is saying "abort abort abort body is toxic and needs a clean out!!!" so it forces you to do something about it. And then you don't do anything about it, and you instead put a creeam full of chemicals on it in the hope that artificial atoms can clean something that is pure. It makes it worse, activtates the body, and the body pushes back even harder to see that NO TREATMENT OR CREAM WORK and the only thing to do to prevent this skin disease forever is to look inside. Now do you see how putting cream on top of your acne does no good?
Blackheads may suggest the need for better hygiene, or magnesium and vitamin A. Chronic, numerous whiteheads can also form during acne outbreaks, suggesting vitamin B1 deficiency or absorption problems (that's why a colonic is heaven, it sucks away the sludge stuck to your bowel walls and allows your digestive system to do it's job and absorb the nutrients). Consistent raised spots on the outside of the arms and sometimes even the thighs, resembling "chicken skin," may suggest need for magnesium, vitamin A, or essential fatty acids and the need to avoid foods that inhibit the absorption of these nutrients, such as trans-fatty acids found in margarine and hydrogenated oils, such as cottonseed oil and palm kernel oil.
Chemicals that cause acid in the body which creates Acne:
FoodS that cause acid in the body which creates Acne:
Certain foods can also aggravate acne conditions because of their high-acid forming effects on the body, stay away from all acidic foods
-all processed foods
-all dairy products
-meat, Pork, Lamb, Beef, Chicken, Turkey
-Excessive long-term intake of seafood or other high iodine foods may also cause acne in some people.
-Condiments (Tomato Sauce, Mayonnaise etc.)
-Traditional Convenience Foods
-Fats & Oils
-Margarine (worse than Butter)
THE CURE TO ACNE FOR EVER (Are you really ready for your acne to go for ever?) Eat alkaline foods to alkalize your body, your body organs will rest and the acne will dissolve and then disapear. Acne can NOT survive in a alkaline body. Read my Blog Day 34 on Alkaline and Acidic.
-Grasses (wheat, straw, barley, dog, kamut etc.)
-Watermelon (is neutral)
-Fresh vegetable juice
-Pure water (distilled or ionised)
-Lemon water (pure water + fresh lemon or lime).
Seeds, Nuts & Grains
-Any sprouted seed
Fats & Oils
-Oil Blends (such as Udo's Choice)
-Sprouts (soy, alfalfa, mung bean, wheat, little radish , chickpea, broccoli etc)
-Bragg Liquid Aminos (Soy Sauce Alternative)
Stick to salads, fresh vegetables and healthy nuts and oils. Try to consume plenty of raw foods and at least 2-3 litres of clean, pure water daily (ideally enhanced with pH drops).
mmmm bliss the fruits and veggies chillin at my place
The Quick Action Plan for Acne
1. Massage your skin, where needed, with bergamot, camphor, geranium, juniper, lavender, or neroli essential oils.
2. Ayurvedic practitioners recommend making a paste of ½ tsp each of turmeric and sandalwood paste with enough water, and applying to pimples. Also, drink half a cup of aloe vera juice twice daily until acne clears.
3. Eat an organic whole foods diet, with plenty of organic cooked and raw vegetables, and whole fruits. Eat alkaline foods like I have suggested above.
4. Drink eight glasses of pure, filtered water daily. Also, daily have two glasses of raw juice, combining carrot, beet, and celery juice, or, carrot, cucumber, and lettuce (not iceberg), and spinach, with carrot predominating.
5. Combine the tinctures of herbs such as sarsaparilla, burdock, and cleavers in equal parts, taking ½ tsp three times a day. Drink an infusion of nettle several times a day and apply tea tree oil topically. An infusion of calendula mixed with equal parts of distilled witch hazel can be used as a cleansing wash. Steam sauna your face with red clover, lavender, and strawberry leaves.
6. Useful homeopathy remedies are Pulsatilla, Silicea, Berberis, Ledum, Sulfur, Arsen alb., Belladonna, and/or Carbo veg.
7. Enjoy full body immersion hydrotherapy treatments such as steam baths, saunas, sitz baths, colonic irrigation, hot and/or cold compresses, and steam sauna your face with red clover, lavender, and strawberry leaves.
8. Useful supplements are vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and zinc. Also include omega-3 fatty acids, brewer's yeast, chlorophyll, and pancreatic enzymes with meals.
9. Expose your face to sun and air at least 30 minutes a day, and exercise daily. Get sweaty. Waste and toxins are eliminated by the skin through sweat pores. Keep your skin clean by washing your face three times a day with soap made from the herb calendula officinalis, or using other alternatives to soap. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Squeezing pimples or whiteheads may cause infection. Keep the skin free of oil. Get sufficient sleep.
10. Make facial masks from natural products; leave on overnight to help dry the skin if acne is caused by excess oil.
11. For long term relief and health be sure to do a colon cleanse. This clears out the toxins in the blood and excess waste in the body. Colon cleansing will healp clear up a lot of issue, expecially acne. It's time to get healthy! No one with acne has healthy bowels. There is an accumulation of toxins in the bowels.Thus, constipation or irregular bowel movements worsen the problem. Get a colonic!
12. A tea can be made from equal parts of Oregon Grape Root, Dandelion Root, and Burdock Root. Brew 1 teaspoon of this mixture per cup of boiling water. Simmer 5 minutes, then steep for 15 minutes. Up to 6 cups per day for 12 days are taken, or less if nausea or an upset stomach occurs.
13. A tea of Vitex has often been considered useful, especially when premenstrual symptoms and hormonal imbalances are involved.
Challenges: The cure to anything is the root cause. - Liana (hehe)
Triumphs: All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain? - Buddha
What I ate today:
Breakfast: Water with lemon squeezed in it. A beet, carrot, celery and ginger juice.
Lunch: Ginger tea (Cut up ginger with boiled water). Green apple. Brazil nuts. Peanut butter (crushed peanuts).
Dinner: A patch of veggies! Brocoli, carrot, garlic, brown onion, spring onion, zuchinni, basil, potato and green beans oh and a sexy smooth yellow chilli! Cooked in olive oil. With brown rice mmm mmm mmm!
Snacks: Another green apple.
Recipe: A Patch Of Veggies:
1)Chop all your veggies, potatos, garlic, onion, fresh basil, carrot, zuchinni, brocolli, chilli, and grean beans.
2)Cook the potatos, onion, chilli and garlic until potatos are half firm.
3)Add the rest of the veggies.
4)Put the lid on it, cook until your desired softness mmm I like to pretend I am in snowing France and I leave it cook until the veggies are soft and smooth. Mmm it's like an explosion of sweet energy in the mouth!
Exercise: A walk to the library and to Walgreens to buy my mum a card for Mother's Day! I got her the coolest card! MUM IF YOU ARE READING STOP READING it's of a little girl on a toilet seat and you open it up and it sings, like it's actually a recording in the card, "Don't ya know that your some kind of wonderful?!" and it reads 'Years of potty training and you still know how to handle all the crap". And I'm going to print a photo of my head and replace it with the random 2 year old on the front. Like Hi mum heres a card with a photo of someones baby on it. Ha! Lame. I know, but my mum will get a laugh and that's all I care about!
196 days to go!!!