Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 4


Thoughts: Sugar. Sugar is sweet poison. True! You can keep eating sugar without feeling full . In the space of of 150 years, we have gone from eating no added sugar to more than a kilo a week . You would need to run 7km everday of your life just to not put on weight as a result of eating that much sugar . The natural sugar in one glass of unsweetened fruit juice per day for a year is enough to add just over 2.5 kilos to your waistline . The more sugar you eat, the more you want. Food manufacturers exploit our sugar addiction by lacing it through non-sweet products such as bread, sauces, soups and cereals . You are poisoning yourself . The human body having evolved in an environment of a largely wholegrain, vegetable and (occasional) meat diet was ill-equipped to deal with the highly processed sugar and refined flour diet of the 20th century. Back in 'the day' (so hundreds of years ago!) the only other way to get a sugar hit in nature was honey .Sugar makes people drowsy and dumb .Why don't they teach this stuff at school? And so why do they keep selling the stuff even though its making us sick, and fat and die? Well one, they want to reduce the population anyway OR 2 , they make soooo much money off us eating products from the supermarket. So unless we stop buying it, they will keep making it! Now with that being said...i wonder about cane sugar? and brown sugar? and raw sugar? I mean that comes from the cane plant right? That's natural? Hmmm I must enquire! How long can I go without sugar?


Challenges: Oh I miss chocolate. I have been 4 days without chocolate or sugar. I really want to make chocolate, but it is so time consuming and I haven't made time for it yet.

Triumphs: 4 days without sugar! Sheeesshhh! That's awesome! The longest I have been without sugar in 5 years is 7 days!

Today I ate:

Breakfast: 1 orange, peanuts wrapped in 2 scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil, and a beetroot, carrot, cellery and beetroot juice.

Lunch: Strawberries, purple grapes, peanut butter (pure peanuts crushed), dried apricots. My body has never endured that kind of combination before, and it quite liked it!

Dinner: Raw vegetables, brocoli and carrots. At least the carrots are sweet, but the brocoli raw tastes like im eating trees. Well I suppose they are mini trees ;)

Desert: No desert.

Snacks: Brazil Nuts and Cashew Nuts oh and Peanuts!

Recipe: Ok I will give you the dinner recipe today...take the brocoli and carrot out of the fridge, wash it with water. EAT.RAW. haha

Cost: Today I spent $2.40 on peanut butter (pure peanuts crushed), $4 on dried apricots and himilayan mineral salt $2.00 (to go on my potatoes). Usually when I got into the organic shop I buy $13 worth of chocolate coated almonds, and $4 worth of white chocolate slab, but oh no, not today, today it was all about the peanuts, apricots and mineral salt!

Exercise: 30 minnutes walk in morning, 15 minutes walk in the park soaking in the beautiful oxygen in the afternoon.

361.. days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment