Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 1

So today was my very first day of the Earth Diet! Eating only wholesome foods from the earth...

Challenges:I shared with one of my friends about this challenge I am taking on for 365 days and she was worried, she said "Just make sure you don't get an eating disorder". The thing is, I feel that the way my eating habits were, is an eating disorder. From extremely healthy to extremely bingeing on junk food! This is so tiring on my body and vitality! 'Eating Disorder' in the dictionary means a severe disturbances in eating habits.What I did to myself for 5 years was unnatural and unhealthy. I am not taking on this challenge to create an eating disorder, or to get celebrity skinny, I want to create a healthy, balanced and wholesome lifestyle.I want to feel that deep seeded love for myself and my body again like I did before I started binge eating 5 years ago! When I told my uncle today he said 'But they put chemicals in everything these days'. Have we been eating chemicals for so long now that healthy wholesome earth food tastes bland and boring? So day one is over, I feel good, 364 days to go!

Thoughts: Dinner was bland, I would usually add soy sauce, which I love! But i'm not sure whether or not that is a natural earth product? On the back of the jar it says its made from whole soya beans, sea salt and water. They are ingredients from the earth with no added chemicals I cannot pronouce. What do you think? Is soy sauce an earth product or a by product of a man made invention? Can I live 364 days without soy sauce? Ahhh I probably eat it with my food at least 3 times a week! Oh another dilema I came across tonight was that I looked in my fridge and sitting right there, shining its lovely-ness at me, was my two favourite curry pastes, Green Thai Curry and Tikka Masala. Both of these contain chemical additives. So I suppose I will be creating my very own curry pastes! I mean the asians created their own curry paste before it was available in jars right?

Triumphs: I shared my challenge with my friend Kara, and guess what?!!! she is taking this on as well! So now there are two earth-dieters! wooo wooo! Her inspiration was 'lets increase our vibrations!'. Following the law of attraction, we are all energies vibrating at a frequency. At Agapi one day a woman stood up and said she went 'raw' for 5 months!!! Nothing but raw foods! sheeshhhh! And she said she felt so alive and that she was vibrating at such a high high frequency. I bet she felt so clean and alive!

What I ate on Day 1:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs. Beetroot, carrot, celery and ginger juice.

Lunch: crushed peanuts (to make peanut butter put peanuts in a blender and waloaa fresh organic natural peanut butter). kiwi fruit.

Dinner: Brown rice and vegetable stir fry. Olive oil, shallots, garlic, brocoli,spinach leaves, mung beans and snow peas. I'm not a vegetarian but I like to eat just vegetables sometimes!

Desert: no desert.

Snacks:almonds

Recipe: Boil bown rice. Fry the chopped shallots and garlic in olive oil. Add the brocoli and snow peas. Let them cook through then add the spinach and mung beans for a few minutes until they become soft. Mix the rice and vegetables together and you have a 100% natural earth stir fry!

cost: I didn't spend anything on food today because I already had the ingredients at home.

Exercise: No Exercise.

364 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment