Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

For the face...

Hi Liana! I was wondering if you have any tips for home made organic facial cleansers which are gentle enough to use daily? I have heard lemon is good but haven't used it yet... do you have any other tips? Vanessa Humphrey - London.


Hi Vanessa! :)
 
Here are some homemade recipes for facial cleansers that I use:


Silky Face Cleanser  (This one is my favorite cleanser recipe, especially good in the winter for dry skin.)
5 tablespoons Flax Seed Oil
5 tablespoons Olive Oil
10 tablespoons castor oil
30 drop essential oils of your choice (Lavender is quite relaxing and mint is uplifting)

Method:
Add the oils to a clean glass bottle. Add essential oils. Gently shake to blend before each use. Apply a small amount to face and massage to cleanse. Rinse with warm water. The skin always feels very silky and smooth after this cleanse! Store in a cool place or the fridge.

Lemon Baking Soda Exfoliating Cleanser (Great for removing makeup)
1 or 2 Lemons
3 tablespoons Baking Soda

Method:
In a bowl add the baking soda and slowly squeeze the lemon juice into it. The mixture will foam and fizz. Squeeze enough juice to make a thin paste. Apply to your skin in a circular motion for a few minutes and rinse with warm water.

Other quick tips:
1. Mix clay and water and apply to face
2. Let it sit and keep your face as still as possible
3. Leave it as long as possible until it cracks! (natural face-lift!)

  • You can use these cleansers on any part of your body not just the face!
  • Baking soda is also a great natural teeth whitener. After I brush my teeth I scoop my toothbrush into baking soda and buff shine them! You could do this everyday until your gums or teeth become sensitive, then give it a break. I do this about every 3rd day. People comment on the brightness of my teeth, which costs less than a few dollars!
  • I use bentonite clay once a week for a face mask. It draws up toxins from the skin and also gives a natural face lift! It is also great for acne, pimples, pigmentation and cellulite and available at The Earth Diet Shop.
  • Rubbing ginger over the face is a great way to reduce and resolve skin pigmentation.
  • Aloe vera is extremely refreshing and anti-ageing! If you can access a plant you can directly cut one of it's stems and wipe the gel over your face.I have a plant in my house and cut off a stem every now and then to rub over my face, and then I keep it in the freezer to use whenever I like! It is made up of compounds that are extremely soothing, cooling and rejuvenating for the skin. 
    If you want to purchase face products I would recommend Lorna's Naturals which use ONLY ingredients naturally provided by the earth or/and KORA Organics by Miranda Kerr.  


    Lorna's Naturals  are organic and natural products for the face, body and hair.  ALL of the ingredients in Lorna's products are naturally provided by the earth and include rosemary, lavender, shea butter, avocado, coconut, castor oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, bees wax, well water from the Catskills, cacao butter, coriander and lemon! One of my favourite product of Lorna's is the Face Kit that contains Almond Oatmeal Face Soap, Facial Scrub with Jojoba Oil and Face Moisturizer. I use these every day and this pack costs $30 for everything! I have had the face moisturizer for over 6 months now and I am not even half way through it. They are the cheapest and most natural products I have come across worldwide and they are available for sale at Farmers Markets throughout New York and also on The Earth Diet Shop site, direct link:
    http://www.theearthdiet.org/lornas-naturals.html


    KORA Organics by Miranda Kerr is also a organic product line that focus on ingredients that are naturally provided by the earth including; Rose Hip Oil, Noni, Rose Quartz Crystal Energised Water, and macrobiotic salts sourced from the Pacific Ocean in Australia! These ingredients are extremely nourishing for the skin. Visit www.KoraOrganics.com to read and/or purchase. Prices start from $35 Australian :)

    1 comment:


    1. Thank you. I just wanted to know where to ship it since I know now to keep producing it




      Best Facial Cleansers for Sensitive Skin

      ReplyDelete