Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 265 - 100 days to go!!!


Thoughts: Today is day 265 of eating only foods naturally provided by the earth - 100 days left of the 1 year challenge I created for my self. This achievement 1000 years ago would have been laughed at by the people of that time - as they only ate things from the earth. Nothing was processed, added chemicals, artificial flavours, preservatives. As our technology expanded, so did the food - and the people.

I have been gathering questions from people for quite some time now about The Earth Diet. So here are the answers! 100 days left if anyone want to give it a go. What have you got to lose? - well weight, maybe some dis-empowering thoughts about yourself or your food ... a resentment towards yourself. Anyway I am talking about my self here - all things I experienced before creating The Earth Diet - or should I say the drive to why I created it!

Did you create the Earth Diet?
Yes I created The Earth Diet in October 2009! It started off as a 365 day (1 year) challenge to myself to eat only foods naturally provided by the earth. Now there are people from around the world who have also taken on the challenge or incorporate eating more ‘earth’ foods into their lifestyle consistency.

Why are you doing The Earth Diet for 1 year?
My intention was to be committed to something for a year – a year of health; healthy alkaline foods, healthy thoughts, nurturing, comfort, clarity; it was a new way of being for me that I had never tried before.

What is The Earth Diet?

The Earth Diet is eating foods naturally provided by the earth. It is feeling good. It is being committed to a lifestyle free of processed foods, foods with additives, chemicals, artificial sugars, preservatives, colourings – anything human created. It is eating food as it is, in its natural state, alive. It is being alive. It replaces all processed foods with foods that the earth naturally provides. Thing perhaps that you wouldn’t imagine; creamy nut pies, real chocolate made from cocao, peanut butter chocolate balls, cookie dough, flavours from the world, delicious home made everythings, dressing for salads, avocados, fruits, nuts mmm I could go on and on! All dairy free, raw and organic!

Shouldn't it be called The Earth Lifestyle?

Probably.


Will I lose weight on The Earth Diet, how?

Yes, although the original purpose of the diet is to eat foods that nature intended, word of the diet spread and quickly gained popularity as a means to lose weight. The majority of people who begin this lifestyle lose weight. Especially in the first few weeks as your body is dumping the accumulated fat, bloat, toxins and stagnation caused by foods with chemicals. By living this lifestyle consistently you will reach a solid healthy alkaline state.

What can I eat on this?
Once you start and you commit to living a life free of preservatives, chemicals, additives, artificial flavours and colourings you will discover so many more things you can eat than I could even tell you! The highest source of food is alive and does not have a ingredients list.

Basically anything that comes from a tree, a plant, bush, the ground, the ocean. So nuts, berries, fruits, vegetables, meats, herbs. Then you start to get creative with different whole foods and when you create them together you suddenly have a massive pallet of flavours to choose from!

What can’t I eat on The Earth Diet?
Read the ingredients list. Limit the foods that do have a ingredients list. Anything with added chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavours. Fast foods, chocolates, lollies (candy), ice cream, chips, hamburgers, hotdogs, sauces, breads, pastries, pasta, cereals, etc . Limit foods in jars, cans and boxes. You can eat most of these things if you make them your self from scratch and you know the ingredients that go into them!

Do you exercise?
Yes I love moving my body! My husband and I choose not to have a car so we ride everywhere everyday! I also have a skateboard, I surf, I do yoga, stretch, and I am also a member of Big Al’s Family Fitness where I workout with the personal trainers; weights, dancing, boxing and cardio. Dancing is my favourite way to move the body; no rules, no inhibitions, freedom, great tunes mmm mmm mmm!

What are your favourite foods?

Avocados! I absolutely LOVE avocados! I remember as a kid I would always eat them - and I would take them to school for lunch with a spoon to eat it with. It made sense to me, practical, it came as it was, all I needed was a spoon, it wasn't messy or complicated and had no wrapper. Then one day some kids were saying 'eewwww you are weird' while they were eating their nutellas. I never took a avocado to school again! I didn't want to be weird of course - hehe and now I am so grateful to be reunited with my friend ;) They are smooth on the way in and smooth on the way out! Avocados were known by the Aztecs as 'the fertility fruit'. When I eat them I experience a grounding, peace, healing and fulfillment. My husband says they are great if you have cravings of any kind!

What is your favourite recipe?

Ooh I have so many! I posted my 5 favourite in blog Day 253

Strawberry Nut Pie is definitely one– it is an absolute treat, it almost feels like guilt should be associated to it, it is so creamy and delicious! My faovurite part is that it is entirely raw The nutty chocolate base crumbles and is filled with a creamy avocado and macadamia nut filling! And then strawberries make it sweet. Raw foods are live foods and contain less calories then cooked foods, so you can eat more if you like and not gain extra weight!

And Chocolate Balls! I was so relieved when I started the Earth Diet and discovered actual real chocolate that is healthy and that I could eat every day! I never crave the kind of chocolate from supermarkets anymore!

I also love Chocolate Brownies, Sweet and Spicy Avocado Salad, Honey Rosemary Chicken, Cookie Dough with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips. There are recipes available on The Earth Diet website and a complete list of recipes will be available in the book released later this year.

What do you use on your skin? For deodorant?

I go by ‘if I can’t eat it – I won’t put it on my skin’ as much as possible. I use lemon as dedoerant, cucumber as moisturizer for the face, clay for cleaning my face and drawing out toxins, and extra virgin coconut oil for moisturizer all over my body. I like lavender oil to spray on my skin or clothes, that is refreshing.

Are you vegan or vegetarian or can you eat meat? Can I eat meat on The Earth Diet?
I am not any one way, and not a way to create a label like 'vegan' or 'vegetarian'. Yes meat comes naturally from the earth. I eat meat every now and then. Previous to The Earth Diet I ate meat and never intended to go off it, however after a couple months of The Earth Diet I felt lighter and cleaner and naturally did not resonate to eating meat. I learned that my body does not digest meat so easily, and instead it would rot inside my digestive system leaving me feel sluggish and grumpy as a result. And researching meat and animals and learning things like 32,000 hogs a day are killed in Smithfield Hog Processing Plant in Tar Heel, N.C, which is the largest slaughterhouse in the world, I went off eating meat. The average American eats over 200 lbs. of meat a year; That's a lot of work for the body.

Why are you crazy about health?
It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver – Ghandi said this. 300,000 per year, 25,000 per month, 5,769 per week, 821 per day, 34 per hour die from extreme overweight related illnesses. I choose not to live this way. Happy, healthy, happy, healthy, happy, healthy, happy, healthy, dead.

Why should I eat raw foods?
Eating Purely Raw Food is not the 'Newest Thing'. In fact, it's the oldest thing. Humans started out eating only raw foods. We began to cook only after we mastered fire. Once food is cooked it becomes dead organic matter. Raw foods are foods that are alive. When you eat dead organic matter you resonate with that frequency of feeling and thought. When you eat raw foods you resonate with aliveness, a raw energy. Try it out for yourself.

Can I drink alcohol on The Earth Diet?
Each person can create The Earth Diet to suit them and if you enjoy drinking then absolutely include that in your lifestyle. To comply with The Earth Diet, the most natural way to drink is wines, especially red wines. Choose alcohols with no added sugars or preservatives. Most hard liquor also comes from fermented fruits and vegetables like tequila from agave, a cactus and vodka made from any one of these fermented substances: grain, rye, wheat, potatoes, rice, or sugar beet molasses.

Why would someone do The Earth Diet?

Why wouldn't you? You get to eat delicious foods, feel great and look great. And because nothing is processed you can eat more food as earth foods have less calories! You get to operate from a alkaline body, positive thoughts, great mental state, and physical. You can reverse ageing. And create a new relationship with your self and with food. I feared food before The Earth Diet! argh :) The best part for me was creating my self anew :)

What do you think about Kevin Trudeau?
He upsets the current working world – it is a no wonder why the big co corporations lash out at him – they want him dead – he is losing them millions of dollars. It seems to be about the money these days. I respect Kevin's admiration to share the knowledge with everyone that you can live a life without being sick. I guess not everyone wants to hear that.

Why do you think people are so overweight these days? Is there anyone to blame?

People get trapped in the fat trap. People tend to eat or drink what's in front of them. No one person is to blame - someone thought of it, someone makes it, someone buys it. We are all in it. We do have power in our choice - if we buy it they will keep making it. In the world over 200 million human beings bodies are overweight and over 100 million are obese. Have you seen Wall-e. That is absolutely a almost certain predictable future for the healthy of human beings. We consume more food than our bodies need and can handle.

More Questions and Answers will be available on The Earth Diet website soon! If you have any questions yourself click here.

Challenges: Seeking happiness outside ourselves is like waiting for sunshine in a cave facing north.- Tibet

Triumphs: Healthy, happy, healthy, happy, healthy, happy, dead.

What I Ate Today:

Food fest 1: A beetroot (beet), carrot, celery and ginger juice.

Food fest 2: A delicious creamy avocado from the Spanish store! The Spanish know their avos ;)

Food fest 3: Raw Chocolate Brownie! Created with raw soaked almonds, walnuts, cacao powder, coconut oil, dates, vanilla beans or extract, goji berries and blackberries!



Food fest 4: 2 sweet nectarines and chubby cherries - juicy!

Food fest 5: Mexican Rice and Beans! Created with Red onion, Green Pepper, Pinto Beans, Brown Rice, Tomato Paste, Cumin, Chilli, Coriander (Cilantro), avocado, lime!



Recipe: Recipes available on www.TheEarthDiet.org

Exercise: A 1 hour body workout at Big Al's Family Fitness, and a bike ride, and a stretch in the sauna.

100 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment