Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 252


Thoughts: Consistency consistency consistency.

The word “consistent” means “harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts” meaning the same throughout in structure or composition. Manifesting anything means being consistent at it. Doing something once won’t help acquire it.

Beholding health and fitness; if you want to either lose weight or tone your body, you don’t just go to the gym once or do a workout routine one time and expect to have the body of your dreams. You make a consistent lifestyle of going to the gym or doing the workout to achieve your desired intention.

It took consistent action to get you into the routine or rut you are in today. Where you are now with your weight, body image, finances, relationships, was not an overnight occurrence. It took consistent action of doing the things that got you to this point now.

"Consistency is everything. Diet is 70% everything." This is the ideology of Lori Morris who is a Personal Trainer at Big Al's Family Fitness. Today I had the opportunity to train with Lori and her consistency is key approach.

Having a trainer that is consistent in behaviour is comforting as I know that if I want to direct my life, I must take control of my consistent actions. Just like in life Lori taught me that toning the body must be consistent; that is constant and regular.

Being consistent also means maintaining a level of focus and concentration on what you do want instead of focusing on what you don’t want. Being consistent is to be consciously aware of what you consistently focus your attention on: what you consistently talk about—to others; to yourself.

If you want to manifest abundance then do actions consistent with that. If you want to manifest dearth then do actions consistent to that.

To me consistency is something you continue to do despite your 'feelings' or 'thoughts' to do otherwise. For example, if I set a goal to work out 5 days a week for a month and on the 2nd week I don't feel like it, or am tired, or think I would rather do something else, that is contradicting against my goal to be consistent. It can happen to me a lot if I allow it. When I do not honour my feelings, I am consistent with what I set out to do.

A successful weight loss habit is consistency. The more consistent the diet, the more likely you are to maintain weight loss year after time. Lori explained that she cannot train you if you go out and binge on junk foods.

What's clear is that a healthy body, detoxification, weight loss and toning is a slow, steady process that requires a certain amount of vigilance, commitment and discipline every day. It also requires that we take chances, getting away from those comforting, and often distracting habits, and replacing them with ones in true alignment to what you want ones.

Being consistent doesn't mean you have to robotically follow the same diet day after day. Some of the things I do to ensure I am having fun along with being consistent are:

-I work treats into my diet. I find that having a small indulgence each day, like Chocolate Balls, Strawberry Nut Cream Pie, Or Earth Diet Chocolate Nut Cookies (recipes on The Earth Diet website) or a handful of macadamia nuts mmm or a bowl of peanuts or cherries, or sweet nectarines, or buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup and strawberries keeps me fulfilled and healthy!

-I plan a cheat meal rather than a cheat day. Giving myself an entire day to eat what I want usually leads to overindulgence and overeating! Instead, I plan on having something I really enjoy like cooked foods, or Honey Rosemary Chicken, Spanish Rice and Beans (Recipes both available on www.TheEarthDiet.org) and then I get back on track with being consistent inside my goal!

-I am always prepared so that I have healthy yummy Earth Diet foods in my house, and if I am going into the city, or traveling to another country or city I will pack avocados, nuts and fruit like cherries and nectarines! Being surrounded in healthy foods absolutely reduces cravings and any temptations I may have when I am out and about!

-I keep things balanced. I realize that watching what goes in (or calories) and eating healthy is important for a goal of being healthy, and so is enjoying life and not obsessing about everything I eat. Sometimes, being too restrictive can lead to me bingeing on the very things I am trying to avoid (like macadamia nuts! Hehe!) .

-I don't give up. There are those days when I eat too many nuts, or chocolate balls, or rice. I do overindulge at times and previous to The Earth Diet I would use that as an excuse to quit and go back to old, unhealthy behaviors. I realize one step out of line with being consistently healthy isn't the end of the world (although my mind likes to tell me it is!) and even if I've really fallen off the fence, at any moment I can always get right back on track by simply making the choice to not give up.

Granted it won’t take you years of consistent action to turn things around like it did to create your present routine or rut; you did that more or less unconsciously. Now you can create consistency consciously, aware and awake.

It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.

Lorri Morris a Personal Trainer from Big Al's Family Fitness!!!
www.bigalsfamilyfitness.com

Challenges: The old adage, “Practice makes perfect” is a half-truth if you are practicing the wrong thing; then practice only makes permanent.

Triumphs: A consistent player conforms to a pattern; he repeats phrases and thinks in a groove.

What I Ate Today:

Food fest 1: 1/2 of a rockmelon (Cantaloupe)

Food fest 2: A avocado.

Food fest 3: A bowl of peanuts. A nice hearty meal after a body workout :)

Food fest 4: Some more peanuts.

Food fest 5: Mediterranean Dinner! Rice and beans with Cucumber Salad and Avocado :) Oh what a combination :) mmmmmmmmmm



Recipe: Recipe for The Chocolate Balls, Creamy Strawberry Nut Pie, Honey Rosemary Chicken, Chocolate Nut Cookies, Buckwheat Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Meditterranean Dinner can be found on The Earth Diet website www.theearthdiet.org

Exercise: A training session with Lori. I worked my legs and butt with squats and a hand weight, my shoulders and abs. Then I stretched in the sauna :)

113 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment