Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 150



Thoughts: The Earth is filled with billions of human beings, and how many of these beings are actually courageous? Who can step out side of their small world, change up the rules a bit, make bold declarations and have a genuine passion and care for other human beings, animals and the home that we live on called Earth. Carolyn Wagner is one of these humans and now she takes on a 365 day challenge "The Earth Diet for Vegans". I created The Earth Diet 150 days ago, for me to eat only foods naturally provided by the Earth for 365 days total. This lifestyle means going back to basics, no chemicals, no processed foods, no additives, no chemicals, no artifical anythingness, no sugars, no chips, chocolates, and lollies, things I thought I would never give up! The Earth Diet means eating all the fruits, vegetables, nuts and meats I want...anything that the Earth naturally provides and hasn't been tampered with by man. I have discovered so many new things along the way about myself, about human beings, the earth, food, health, nutrition, animals and I could go on and on and on. I also discovered that most of the meat we eat today has come from unhappy and tortured animals that have been pumped full of anti biotics and hormones. While I still eat chicken and fish sometimes, Carolyn has taken on complete Vegan Earth Diet Challenge. I acknowledge you Caroyln for being such a courageous and unstopabble being, for these things don't just come naturally for a human being. It is much easier to not take on challenges I know, and what a boring existence that would be! Carolyn I acknowledge you for your committment for living a life you love, being healthy and inspiring others around the gobe. Here is Carolyn's first day...

(www.sometimesearthdiet.blogspot.com)-The Earth Diet For Vegans

Today I have started taking steps towards The Earth Diet created by my friend Liana Werner-Gray. I however will be putting my own spin on it. I will be experimenting with different ways that what I consume can effect the Earth. Everything I consume is always vegan. I am making the change gradually so that I will stick to it. As part of my transition to the Earth Diet I am also taking part in what I call a house diet. So anything I have previously purchased that is sitting in my house is elegiable for consumption. To reduce the wastage that would occur if I threw away all non earth diet products. However thanks to Chrisco I have about 10 tins of peas. I might put them in a homeless shelter collection. Then I'm killing two birds with one stone, no wastage and helping the needy. My first few weeks of blogs will be the transition period and then from that I will Earth Diet for a while, and I will also be experimenting with raw and detox diets. As a finalist for the Miss Earth Australia pageant this year I decided that it was about time I started eating a more eco friendly diet and taking on many other environmental challenges throughout the year. But having read that the food you eat is what affects your carbon footprint more than anything I thought this was the best place to start. The food you eat travels more miles in a gas guzzling truck or aeroplane than you would ever manage to drive or fly in your life. So my Sometimes Earth Diet will hopefully help people become more aware of what they are eating and where their food actually comes from.

Challenges- No caffeine!! No take away!! No deep fried product!! No potato chips!!! How will I ever manage. Got a headache throughout the day and really wanted some panadol.

Triumphs- I just did it. Pure and simple no caffeine, take aways or deep fried products. Slowly will be decreasing my sugar intake but I think my body is in shock from losing all the rest. Drank peppermint tea instead of taking panadol for my headache.

What I ate today-

Breakfast- Glass of water with lemon juice. 2 Vegan multivitamins, 1 cup tinned fruit salad, teaspoon of flaxseed oil, fennel and orange tea with organic soy milk, handful of cashews.

Lunch- Mediteranian cous cous- 1/2 cup cous cous, 1/4 chopped red onion, tblsp olives, tsp capers, 1/2 tsp organic garlic paste, three cherry tomatoes chopped, tsp pinenuts, 2 tblsp lentils, home grown cos lettuce leaf, home grown basil leaves.

Dinner- Lentils and rice- cup rice, 3/4 cup lentils, chopped red onion, cracked pepper, tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 home grown cos lettuce leafs and home grown basil.

Dessert- 1 cup tin fruit salad

Snacks- Peppermint tea with organic soy milk, 1 apple juice popper, dried apricot, tblsp organic sultanas, 50g almonds and macadamia mix, House of Biskota monte cream buscuit (Most amazing vegan biscuits ever), Cashews and Raw Peanuts.

Excercise- 50 star jumps and 10 minutes of yoga stretching.

Liana here now...
Challenges: When I am full of appreciation and love there is no room for challenges ;)

Triumphs: Thank you Carolyn for being alive and here on this planet :)

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: A beetroot, carrot, celery and ginger juice. 2nectarines.

Lunch: Peppermint tea. 1 nectarine. Chocolate balls with walnuts, recipe below.

Dinner: Japanese, raw salmon, edamame beans, miso soup.

Dessert: No dessert.

Snacks: Walnuts.

Recipe: Recipe for Chocolate Balls on blog Day 115.

Exercise: a 30 minute run to the park where I did some lunges and jumps up on a park bench :) It definately got my sweat up and heart beating...wooo Im alive!!!

215 days to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just found this again while searching for recipes.
    Liana you're amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete