Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 137

What Happens to Your Body Within an Hour of Drinking a Coke...

Thoughts: This blog thanks to Elisha Yarington, a beautiful earthling lookin out for our earth and the people in it...

Within the first 10 minutes, 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. This is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake, and the only reason you don’t vomit as a result of the overwhelming sweetness is because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor.

Within 20 minutes, your blood sugar spikes, and your liver responds to the resulting insulin burst by turning massive amounts of sugar into fat.

Within 40 minutes, caffeine absorption is complete; your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, and your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream.

Around 45 minutes, your body increases dopamine production, which stimulates the pleasure centers of your brain – a physically identical response to that of heroin, by the way.

After 60 minutes, you’ll start to have a sugar crash.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/1/19/what-happens-to-your-body-within-an-hour-of-drinking-a-coke.aspx

Challenges: I certainly have missed my juicers. It was 3 weeks without one before today...tomorrow I will write my blog on juicing and how they get you at cellular level!

Triumphs: Woooo Stephanie who plays my bestie in "The Man In The Maze" purchased a juicer yesterday and brought it to my hotel room this morning as a surprise...oh my I was soooo happy! I love my juices everyday! They seem to keep everything movin...my heart, my toes, my energy, my face hahaaa!

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: A green apple. A beetroot, carrot, ginger, celery, apple juice.

Lunch: Cooked beans, lentils and chickpeas. MMM MMM! A avocado

Dinner: Chocolate balls with walnuts.Indian rice and cooked lentils with corriander and chilli and spices cooked by Nimi the beautiful wife of the director :)

Dessert: I had dessert before dinner...yes I am embracing my frenchness!

Snacks: Walnuts. Apple. A cucumber (the only food cockroaches won't eat is cucumber!!!)

Exercise: Working on set filming "The Man In The Maze", oh and I also did some yoga and some circle star jumps by he river when we were waiting for the makeup call.

228 Days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment