Eat, Drink and Nourish yourself to health.
The Earth Diet has designed a free 3 day cleanse to Eat, Drink and Nourish yourself back to health to start the new year afresh.
The following cleanse is designed to enable the body to expel toxins that have been accumulated over a period of time.
Intention: To ease into the cleanse using cleansing drinks. We have found that most people prefer to drink something cleansing rather than eat something cleansing. However if you would prefer to eat than drink, do raw foods for the day instead of the cleansing drinks.
* Simply eat as you usually would, whatever you like today, whatever it is you are craving, anything you think you need or want. Give particular attention to your thoughts, and your experience after eating these foods.
* AND also drink these cleansing drinks:
1. Lemon to alkalize the body (morning). Half a lemon squeezed into a cup of water.
2. Edible bentonite clay to cleanse the bowels and remove parasites (midday). 1 teaspoon in a cup of water.
3. Ginger tea to eliminate excess bacteria and fungus (night). 3 thumb size pieces of ginger cut into small chunks and steeped in boiling water.
Intention: To shift the body to alkaline by eating and drinking foods naturally provided by the earth.
* Make a juice for breakfast: Beet (beetroot), carrot, celery, ginger and apple. Alternatively make an orange and grapefruit juice. Add a heaped teaspoon of bentonite clay to the juice.
* Make a Green Salad for lunch made up of raw ingredients naturally provided by the earth; Lettuce, garlic, cucumber, avocado, lime, shallots (spring onions), green snap peas, baby spinach, green beans. Create your own dressing with lime juice, garlic and a dash of olive oil! Add pieces of organic free range chicken cooked in honey and rosemary for meat eaters.
* Eat 2 pieces of fruit today. We recommend watermelon, cherries or grapefruit.
* Your choice. (If you choose to make it an Earth Diet meal refer to the recipes page)
* For dessert try one of The Earth Diet’s recipes. Choose something that you usually like for example donuts, cheesecake, chocolate, ice cream and make that using the recipes available on the website that are sugar free, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, chemical free, preservative free, artificial anything free. You will be surprised how much you like them. I was ;)
Intention: To nourish your body while at the same time expelling toxins from the body by using whole foods naturally provided by the earth. Commit to earth foods for 1 day to ease any cleansing symptoms of feeling unwell.
* Eat only foods today that are naturally provided by the earth; fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, spices and meats. Live completely off the earth for one day. Tomorrow you can go back to your usual foods, if you choose. For example my day may consist of:
-½ a lemon squeezed into a glass of water
Meal 1: a beetroot, carrot, celery, ginger and apple juice
Meal 2: an avocado with walnuts
A cup of water with bentonite clay
Meal 3: a bowl of home cut potato wedges cooked in the oven
Meal 4: A grapefruit
Meal 5: Steamed prawns with a Green Salad
Meal 6: 2 Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
We also supply free recipes for all eaters; raw, meat eaters, sweet
eaters, vegetarians, fruitarians and more. All recipes are sugar free, dairy free, soy free, chemical free, preservative free, GMO free, MSG free, flavourings free, artificial anything free! (www.theearthdiet.org/recipes.html)
* Give yourself a bentonite clay pamper – a face mask, soak your feet in it, on cellulite, or apply it to any skin blemishes like acne: nourish yourself. Wherever you apply bentonite clay it will draw toxins from that area. And/or put coconut oil and massage your own head, stretch your ears, release any pressure on your head, the oil is a great hair treatment at the same time. Trade massages with a partner if possible ;)
Suggested shopping list for 3 day cleanse:
1 handful of ginger
Bentonite Clay (available at The Earth Diet shop www.theearthdiet.org/shop.html)
For Green Salad: 1 lettuce, 1 shallot (spring onion), 1 avocado, 1 lime/lemon, 1 clove garlic, a handful of snap peas, a handful of green beans, 1 cucumber, handful of baby spinach
For beet (beetroot) juice: ½ beet, 3 carrots, 3 stalks of celery, thumb size piece of ginger, 1 apple (if desired)
For Orange & Grapefruit juice: 2 oranges, 2 grapefruits
For juicing you will need a juice machine. Or use a hand citrus juicer.
Your choice of one of the Earth Diet desserts
Coconut oil for your own massage
Plenty of foods for meals on day 3 – fruits, nuts, vegetables of your choice (refer to website for recipes).
If you were to keep going with your cleanse after day 3 you may like to incorporate more meals that are naturally provided by the earth. For example if you eat 3 days on The Earth Diet take a 1 day break, then do 4 days of earth foods and 1 day not, then increase it to 5 days of earth foods and 1 day not.
Pay attention to how you feel after you eat each meal. See if you can feel a difference between eating foods naturally provided by the earth and ‘normal’ food.
BE AWARE: It is possible you may experience feeling ill after a few days of eating earth foods. This is the bodies process of expelling toxins which are released from the cells and circulate through the body causing this feeling of illness. If you are worried about this ill feeling continuing then consult with your naturopath about possible food allergies. It is important to remember that this stage passes, and once passed, you will begin to feel the real affects of The Earth Diet. Just take the first step.
A message from Liana, 'I know how easy it is to be discouraged after being off track. Anything you do towards your health moves you another step closer to your health goals, and that is something to be proud of. Get back in the game and go for it!'
The Earth Diet Facebook, we always love to hear from you!