Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Hypnosis...


Liana, have you ever been hypnotized? What are your thoughts on hypnosis? Can you do a blog on it. Thanks - Mark, NZ


Hi Mark,


Yes I have been hypnotized. In my experience during hypnosis I am in a very relaxed state and I allow my thoughts to rest. I focus all energy on where I am at that moment. If a thought comes into mind and I lose focus I often wander, and then remember my intention, to be present fully in the moment and I allow that thought to pass.
Others say they get a sense of detachment or extreme relaxation during the hypnotic state, some feel that their actions seem to occur outside of their conscious decision. For example I have a conscious decision to overeat and binge and when I listen to a hypnosis session that is telling me otherwise, my mind begins to program my new way of being.
My Nanna smoked for over 50 years and this January 2011 she went to a hypnosis center for the first time, and now she is a non-smoker! So I am well convinced that it works, and to what level I guess depends on the individual. She is 70 years old ... it's never too late!
What hypnosis is...


In the dictionary Hypnosis is: a mental state or set of attitudes and beliefs usually induced by a procedure known as a hypnotic induction, which is commonly composed of a series of preliminary instructions and suggestions.


American Psychological Association describes hypnosis as a cooperative interaction in which the participants responds to the suggestions of the hypnotist.


According to John Kihlstrom, "The hypnotist does not hypnotize the individual. Rather, the hypnotist serves as a sort of coach or tutor whose job is to help the person become hypnotized"


Experiments by researcher Ernest Hilgard demonstrated how hypnosis can be used to dramatically alter perceptions. After instructing a hypnotized individual to not feel pain in his or her arm, the participant's arm was then placed in ice water. While non-hypnotized individuals had to remove their arm from the water after a few seconds due to the pain, the hypnotized individuals were able to leave their arms in the ice water for several minutes without experiencing pain (psychology.about.com).


Hypnosis has also been clinically proven to provide medical and therapeutic benefits. As I mentioned above my nanna who is 70 years old and has smoked the majority of her life was hypnotized for the first time in January and now she is a non-smoker! It has been used for many things mostly for reducing pain, fear, anxiety and symptoms of dementia.


• Any disease, illness or cancer in the body
• To assist weight loss and reduce overeating and binge eating

• To let go of an addiction like smoking
• To reduce stress
• To let go of limiting and dis-empowering thoughts of fear and live from an abundant mind state
• The treatment of chronic pain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis
• The treatment and reduction of pain during childbirth
• The reduction of the symptoms of dementia
• Helpful for symptoms of ADHD
• The reduction of nausea and vomiting in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
• Control of pain during dental procedures
• Elimination or reduction of skin conditions including warts and psoriasis
• Alleviation of symptoms association with Irritable Bowel Syndrome


For more information I recommend checking out Paul Nguyen who is a Certified Hypnotist with a goal to help people unlock their potential. He is based in Boston, USA and has hypnosis sessions, nature sounds and relaxation tracks available on his site Mood Streams (http://www.moodstreams.com/). We are also currently in collaboration with customized hypnosis sessions for our readers ... stay tuned!
 
With love, Liana.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article. The blog is useful and more informatics. I think all searchers like this kind of article. Thanks for blog admin who write these useful article. If anyone want to search more Please visit this site, diet hypnosis

    ReplyDelete