Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Movie snack ideas

Tonight I watched American Hustle!

Obviously I opted out of eating from the GMO Candy Bar ;) 

So I packed my own snacks. Perhaps you can enjoy these too.

I have a bit of every texture and taste here. These are easy to pack in a paper bag or cool little snack box and take with you to the movies. From left to right, top to bottom... 

1. For the spicy lover here are sea snax (roasted sea weed) with chipolte spices! They really are strangely addictive. You can find these at most health food stores these days, they are quite popular. Sea weed is EXTREMELY NUTRIENT DENSE, and EXTREMELY LOW IN CALORIES. 


2. Coconut flakes! These are light and quite chewy so they can keep you entertained for quite some time. I am not a huge coconut lover, but these really do it for me for a snack. You can get a 7oz / 200g bag for $3 at most health food stores. Coconut flakes are a superfood and great fats essential for healthy function of our brain, eyes, hair and skin.


3. Original Sea Snax flavor for a classic savory snack. These are toasty and loaded with flavor, don't underestimate roasted sea weed. People comment that when they eat these, they can feel the nutrients going right into their body, like it absorbs immediately. These sea snax can make you feel quite full and nourished without eating much. 


4. Macadamia nuts with salt. The classic macadamia nut is such a buttery treat at the movies! And I love to salt them with my real salt! Macadamias are an excellent source of calcium and antioxidants. They are said to make healthy happy cheek structure. 

This is a mini salt shaker about the size of my thumb, I take it with me in my purse wherever I go... you never know when you might need real salt ;) Real salt is loaded with great minerals straight from mother earth, that provide anti-aging benefits and a muscle relaxant.


5. Brazil nuts. High in many vitamins including vitamin E for radiant skin. These nuts are also great brain food to keep us focused and energized while watching the movie.


6. Mulberries, these are "sour" natures candy. For people who love sour candy, I highly highly highly recommend these. These are also sweet but at first hit you with a major sour pop. I purchased these from the bulk section at Wholefoods, and Navitas also packages them and sells them. 


7. Golden berries, these are very sweet natures candy. For people who like sweet soft yet slightly chewy candy give these a go! Also available at health food stores and by Navitas. Very high in antioxidants. 


These two mixed together make a great alternative for sweet and sour candy! Mulberries and Goldenberries! This is my candy fix right here.


Lets be smart! It's not cool to load our bodies with junk processed food. The idea is, watch a movie, nourish yourself and leave energized! But if it doesn't taste good who wants to eat it?! So if none of these ideas satisfy you maybe you want to indulge in some healthy chocolate! 

Earth Diet Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - this is a product I am proud to say I helped design and develop and are available on my website. Here is the direct link: http://www.theearthdiet.org/chocolate.html


Raw Chocolate Bars - these can be used to aid weight loss and increase energy. Many people are also using them to treat depression.



Find what works for you. Happy healthy movie watching!

Let me know what you eat at the movies! Comment below.

At Arclight Beach Cities Cinemas in Manhattan Beach, California. 

Love Liana 
Chat with me any day on my facebook page www.facebook.com/lianawernergray

No comments:

Post a Comment